Sunday, May 20, 2012

Watching and waiting . . . .

Probably the most unheard of phrase coming from a year 12 students mouth is, 'Im bored!' but that is what I have been saying for the last few days. Why? It's not really becasue I am so far ahead of my school work, nor is it because I gave no friends, it is because it has been just over a week since federal parliament sat, and I am getting anxious. After the dust has settled on budget week and some of the pollies have gone home again, I am at a loss if what to do. I still read 3 papers a day (at least) and love social media sites such as twitter and blogs, but what else do I have to wake up to each day? Alas alack tomorrow is another day and with that brings the next round of parliamentary sitting days. Craig Thomson will be trying to explain the FWA allegations and with the Prime Minister in Chicago it looks set to be an interesting fortnight in Canberrra. So for political nerds like me, the last week has slower than Id like but rest assured I won't be saying I am bored this time tomorrow night, so let's watch and wait. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment